Attendance & Class Punctuality
- We ask that all students are prompt, in consideration of the instructor and his/her classmates. Students who are more than 10 minutes late will be asked to arrive warmed up and ready and to enter class quietly.
- All students must notify their instructor when leaving the classroom to use the restroom or to be dismissed early.
- Please call the office in advance if you cannot attend class or need to pick your child up early.
- Make-up classes should be completed within a month from the time of the absence. Make-up classes should be taken in a level that is appropriate for that student. If you are uncertain of which class your child should make up in, please ask your instructor for guidance.
Uniform/Attire for Class
- All ballet classes require pink tights and ballet shoes.
- Boys should wear navy shorts or navy/black tights, white leotard or a fitted white t-shirt and white ballet slippers radusa.org/shop/dance-wear.
- Leotard styles and colors (item codes provided for discountdance.com unless noted otherwise):
- Creative movement: CL5405 pink tank leotard
- Primary to Grade 2: N5500C turquoise camisole leotard
- Grade 3 to 5: MT757N Navy camisole leotard for children from dancewearsolutions.com
- Grades 6 to Advanced 2: Any black camisole leotard
- For examinations, you will be asked to purchase specific items to wear to your exam. We will send out specific details of where you may purchase at a later date:
- Grades 6 to 8: a specific lavender leotard and circle skirt
- Intermediate to Advanced 2: soft pointe shoes
- Advanced Foundation to Advanced 2: a black tutu and/or a black skirt
- Pointe classes have an option of wearing a solid color leotard with a matching skirt.
- Jazz classes require a solid color leotard with tights, black jazz pants, shorts or capris, and jazz shoes.
- Modern classes require a solid color leotard with black shorts and footless tights.
- Tap classes require a solid color leotard, pink tights, and tap shoes.
- RAD lower and upper grades require character skirts. Please order one of these (prices from radusa.org/shop/dance-wear):
- Grades 1 & 2: Character skirt – pastels $44.50
- Grades 3 & up: Character Skirt – Bright color - $44.50
- Upper Grade: Circular Skirts – Lavender, shin-length
- All hair must be pulled away from the face in a bun, braid, or ponytail. Ballet classes require a bun.
- Dance shoes should not be worn outside of the studio. Street shoes should not be worn on the marley studio floors.
- All students must wear cover-ups over their dancewear going to and from the studio.
- All of your dance valuables should have your name printed on the inside. Other personal effects should stay with your parents, at home, or be brought into the studio in your dance bag. Dance Foundry is not responsible for lost or stolen property in the building or anywhere on the premises.
- Dance Foundry reserves the right to limit student participation for not adhering to uniform/attire for class and behavior perceived inappropriate.
- There will be no food or gum allowed in the dance studio.
- No horseplay will be allowed in the lobby, dressing room, patio, or studios.
- Dancers should arrive at least 5 minutes before class and be picked up promptly.
- Please notify the office if you cannot pick up your child on time. They are not to wait outside by themselves. Tell your child to come in to the studio and watch class until you arrive or to stay with one of our assistants in the lobby.
- Teachers reserve the right to dismiss any students from class who continually disrupt.
- All students must follow the Uniform Policies.
- No jewelry may be worn to class.
- No T-shirts during class.
Parents' or Guardians' Responsibility
- Please be considerate of the students in class and keep the noise in the lobby and dressing rooms to a minimum. We will have space on the patio if you would like to socialize.
- Children should be picked up promptly. There will be a $10 fee after the 2nd time your child has been picked up late. This applies if it is the last class of the evening.
- Parent Observation days are listed on the Dance Foundry Calendar.
- Please make the instructors aware of any special needs or physical/mental disabilities your child may have. This information will allow the teachers to plan accordingly and make sure your child is successful in his/her dance classes. We consider Dance Foundry a place for your child to feel welcome and thrive.
- If you would like to discuss your child's progress or any concerns you may have with the staff or teachers at Dance Foundry, please notify the office and we will be happy to schedule a meeting that does not conflict with teaching times. Please note that ALL meetings with the teacher shall have one of the Dance Foundry owners present. This protocol ensures clear communication and that all of us will be working together to address the concern.
Dance Foundry Announcements
- Information that is necessary for the whole studio will be sent out through our MailChimp mailing list.
- Individual classes that require specific information will be emailed separately through our Dance Foundry emails.
- If you are not receiving emails from us, please contact us immediately so that we can find a solution.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, physical or mental disabilities, age or other personal attributes.
- We do not allow deliberate insults, stigmatizing, threatening, or intimidating an individual or small group of people based on their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, physical or mental disabilities, age, or other personal attributes.
- We do not allow "fighting words" or non-verbal gestures or symbols that are, as a matter of common knowledge, understood to convey direct hatred towards another person or group of people.
Registration and Tuition Policies
- Classes will be closed to further enrollment once maximum capacity has been reached.
- An annual registration fee will be collected at time of enrollment.
- Initial Payment will be collected at time of registration.
- Registration Fees and Tuition are non-refundable.
- There are no prorating or refunds given due to a missed class.
- Withdrawal Policy: You must complete a withdrawal form 30 days prior to your upcoming tuition payment. You will be responsible for the next payment if you do not give a 30-day written notice.
- Dance Foundry will cancel classes when DeKalb County Schools close due to inclement weather.
- Safety for your child is our utmost concern.
- All young dancers must be accompanied to and from the building by their parent, guardian, or nanny. Older dancers who are driving themselves, please use caution and common sense when walking to and from your car.
- If a health condition arises, please notify Dance Foundry in writing as soon as possible.
- Advanced payment is required for private lessons.
- After payment, you may schedule appointments with the instructor.
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours prior to lesson.